Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I went out and took a walk around the pool to check on everything and noticed bubbles (large ones) coming out of the returns, I headed over the pad and took a peek under the tarp and saw the pump basket was mostly full but not completely and there were bubbles in it. This is a new thing for the pump. Typically the only bubbles I have are from the SWG and the pump basket is full to the top of the clear lid. There are no leaks leading into the pump currently.

I don't want to shut anything down to investigate or lubricate the seals at this time due to the cold weather. Are there specific areas I may be able to target while it is cold to ensure the situation doesn't get any worse while keeping the equipment running?

What I am hoping is the plumbing has contracted a bit causing the orings to loose their seal and once it warms up, the issue will resolve itself or will with me applying some lube to the orings.

Any input is appreciated.

As long as the pump is not cavitating just keep an eye on it.

Nothing you can do now.

If the pump starts running dry then shut it down and drain things.

Water is flowing normally and there is no cavitation. I'll keep an eye on it until it warms up the see if I can get to the root of the cause.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.