Pump stopped working; what should I do while waiting for it to be fixed?

May 11, 2010
East Texas
Our pump stopped working Saturday afternoon. I hope our pool builder can get a service tech out very soon, but in the meantime, is there anything I should be doing? I added some bleach yesterday and we pushed it around with the brush. The pool is already very cloudy and the pH was 7.5 yesterday afternoon.

And when I get the pump up and running again, what is the order of getting the water balanced correctly? I'm sure I will need to SLAM it first, but then what do I start adding to clear it up?

Thanks!
Tricia

I would guess most would advise getting some chlorine in there ASAP (maybe up to shock level based on your last known CYA reading) and brushing to circulate it to keep the water from getting worse (you can test it to see what effect the bleach you have added has). Hope you get the pump up and running soon!

Another option is the get a separate submersible pump and leave the hose off the end to circulate the water. This will help with moving the water around and to circulating the chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.