Pump Stl / Check system

Mcbridetod

Jan 14, 2024
Frisco, Tx
I have a Hayward smart control automation system on my pool. It has a freeze protect. However, I’m getting a “check system“ with a note that says Pump Stall. The system is not running. One of the valves is grinding like it’s trying to open/close. It’s below freezing here now and supposed to be until Wednesday. Need to figure out how to get my pump running.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

At this point you need to figure out how to drain as much of your equipment as you can - pump, filter, heater, chlorinator - and lower your pool water level below the skimmers or put cut up pool noodles or half empty plastic water bottlrs in the skimmers.

Maybe the Flow Switch is detecting no flow, which might be a bad switch or maybe no flow due to frozen lines.

Maybe the automation is getting information from the pump about no flow based on the power draw.

If you reset power, does the pump come on for a short period?

Does water actually flow?

Can you show pictures of the system?

What exact automation system do you have?

What exact pump do you have?

Maybe the Flow Switch is detecting no flow, which might be a bad switch or maybe no flow due to frozen lines.

Maybe the automation is getting information from the pump about no flow based on the power draw.

If you reset power, does the pump come on for a short period?

Does water actually flow?

Can you show pictures of the system?

What exact automation system do you have?

What exact pump do you have?
The return valve shown in the picture is constantly “grinding“ like it’s trying to open/close, but just keeps moving an eighth of an inch each way and going back-and-forth.

You can try putting the system into service mode and then try operating the pump from the pump control panel.

Or, try changing the pump type to single speed and try to operate the pump from the pump control panel when you press the filter pump button.

Does the pump get continuous power from the breaker or does it get power from the load terminals on the Filter Pump Relay?

1705269358076.png

Attachments

• ProLogic_4.45_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • prologic-aqualogic-consumer-trouble-shooting-guide.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support