Pump Speeds and Filter Pressure

pisstol27

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Smithtown, NY (Long Island)
When my variable speed pump is first turned on and priming, the PSI on my DE filter only gets as high as 8. I set my pump to run at 2800RPM, which gives me a 2 PSI reading. That seems low, but the pool stays clear all summer. Should I be concerned about the low pressure? If I go any lower than 2800, I get a FLO message on my HeatPro electric heater. Is there any reason to run the pump at a higher speed if the pool remains clear? I would guess the faster the pump speed, the quicker the heater will heat the pool, so that is the only reason I can think of. Thanks in advance!

That is typical for a VS pump. No worries.

However, the heater usually does require a minimum amount of pressure to keep the pressure switch closed. Sometimes they allow you to adjust it to compensate for lower flow/pressure. How high is the equipment relative to the water level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.