Pump Seal Part Numbers: Are these Interchangeable

Aug 4, 2008
I looked at the US Seal cross-reference guide to look up which Viton seal I should order for my Sta-Rite PE6E6-206L pump. The guide showed part number PS-201V-CMS.
I ordered the part from Inyo Pools and they sent me a PS-3868. When I looked at their site to verify I ordered correctly, I noticed they list 10 different parts as being Alternates for the PS-201V-CMS. One of those listed is the PS-3868.
If they are truly alternate/interchangeable, why does US Seal sell so many different seals? There must be a reason they have so many different versions.

I don't see any pump with that number. Do you mean PE6?

Here is the guide with the three alternative part numbers (second to the last line)...PS-201, PS-201V-CMS, and PS-1908.

I have found the extra ~30$ to be worth it for the SCS Series (PS-1908). YMMV....
1715649291550.png

Last edited:
Yes P6E. I misplaced one of the Es in the full model number (fixed it above).
My pump model and number is actually the Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro P6E6E-206L. It's a 1 HP motor (AE100EHL) with the impeller C105-238PB and Diffuser C1-271P1 (all from the manual).
I assumed it falls under the P6E category of the cross-reference sheet. There you will see either the PS-201 or the PS-201V-CMS or the PS1908.

I considered the PS-1908 but my pump is 16 years old and thought other parts are more likely to fail over time so ordered the Viton PS-201V-CMS. I received instead a PS-3868 (also Viton) but not what's on the cross-reference sheet for my pump. Inyo says it's an alternate part and should be fine. If all these parts are acceptable alternates, why doesn't the cross-reference guide say that?

Reactions: geobrick