Pump replacement question

Nerb

Jun 17, 2022
Central Alabama
Hi, everyone. We bought this house 4 years ago, and this is the first home I have owned with a pool. This website has been great for helping me figure out my water chemistry and other issues. Now, I'm here to ask for your input on replacement options for my pump. The pump and motor are both old. I have replaced various components on this pump each of the last 4 years, and it is seized up every spring when I open the pool. I replaced the motor a couple of years ago, but I had an issue today where the rotating component in the motor junction box ripped out a wire on the capacitor and began sparking. Rather than try to fix all that, I am caving and will buy a new pump/motor combo.

The pump is a Hayward Super Pump SP2600 with a 3/4HP motor. We have A LOT of trees around the pool, so I have to run the pump regularly just to keep the leaves and other debris filtered out. I would like to avoid replumbing if I can. The pool is an 18'x36' in-ground pool with a Pentair Sand Dollar filter.

My question to this group is this: Should I just buy a new SP2600 and keep rocking, or is there another option that I should consider?

If you can get another SP2600 then just plug it in.