Pump refuses to prime

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Ok, so I'm trying to repair problem with my Pentair ic60. Found the part, got it ordered, just waiting. Just like everything else, fix one thing, something else goes wrong. Pool was fine, pump fine yesterday. Now I cannot get it to prime. I prime the basket with water, shut it up and let if run 3-4 minutes and all I get out of the return jets is about 2 ounces of water every 5-10 seconds. Tried isolating the lines from skimmer and then bottom line. Nothing, just the same 2 ounces every 5-10 seconds. I'm sure I'm just brain dead, but could use some help. thx, SR

Could use a description of your pool and equipment -- see Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Check that your valves are arranged on the suction side such that you are pulling from your skimmer.

If everything open - put a hose into the port in the skimmer that pulls the water to the pump. That should force water to the pump. Once it catches, check for air in your filter, depending on what type of filter you have, by using the bleed valve on the filter with the pump running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.