Pump recommendations

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
Im looking at replacing my old pump/filter. I have a cartridge filter now and not sure if I should continue with that or do sand or de? I'm also thinking of taking advantage of the $300 comes credit and getting vs pump. I was looking at the pentair superfoods vs. I can grab it for 799 then get the $300 back. Does anyone have any rec. other then that. I have 3 returns a main drain and one skimmer. The equip. Pad is about 20' from the first return the skimmer about 30'. The other 2 returns about 40 and 45 and the main drain probably 55' with the down. It's old tiger pipe if that makes a difference. Should I even bother with a VS pump? Figured is in line with price of a nice 2 speed with the rebate so why not. Will there cruelly be a significant savings in electric? I'm assuming it will be al lot quieter then the old voyage I have now on it.

The one issue you have with Pentair is that to receive their warranty a 'professional' must install the pump. Typically most rebates require the same thing.

For your situation a two-speed would be sufficient. Both will be quieter.

But depending on your standing on the above, a VS will work.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.