Pump recommendation or ideas....

Due to a test I was going to take, I had to postpone this task for a couple of months... Now that I finished with the BAR I am ready to accomplish this task and save some $$$ in Electricity. Today I purchased the 2hp 2speed with controller EB2984T. This motor has a built in timer/controller that controls the on/off therefore with this I don't have to get the timer for the high/low speed. I got a great deal out of Perry's Pool Pump in PHX. Since this is a heavy item I paid shipping trough Parcel Post; therefore it will take a few weeks to arrive to PR.... :sleep:

I purchased the seal kit too as instructed. I will post results upon installation and will also post an estimate of the savings in electricity.. If everything continiues the way it is, this upgrade will pay for itself (RTI) in a year or less :party:

I will keep everyone updated and will post some photos later on! thanks to all of you for your help and advise!

Hi Everyone; I wanted to give an update on The conversion of the EB2984T. Conversion from the single speed to the new motor was pretty straight forward. Followed the instructions and I was able to perform the whole work in less than an hour. Pump has been running now for 2 months and I noticed a decrease on my Energy bill of $45+ and now I run my pump for 7 hours (Almost twice the time that I used to run on the single speed). I wanted to thank everyone on this board that helped me with this project!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.