Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Of course I am out of town and the wife calls and says pump isnt working. But time clock is. I walk her through turning breakers on and off and try pump switch. She says it makes a knock noise but doesnt turn on. So I figure my pump motor is bad. The pump is a whisperflo WF23- 011771. It is a 3/4 Hp with a SF of 1.27 so 0.94sfhp. I want to get the century ecm16squ variable speed motor to replace and also the seal kit from inyopools. The problem is I need to know if I need to change the impeller and if so, to which one? I am not sure how impellers and ho are related. Please help so I can order the pump and have it delivered so I can install when I return. Thanks

Your existing pump is equivalent to the full rated 1/2 HP Whisperflo pump and the ECM16 is equivalent to a full rated 1 HP motor. So if you run the new motor on the existing impeller you would need to run at full rpm to achieve the flow your getting now. You'd probably save yourself some money by staying with the same single speed motor or going with the .5HP full rated

- - - Updated - - -

Also it might just be the run capacitor that's bad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.