Pump problems

Tough one. I think mark nailed it with the lid. I think you also have a shaft seal leak. The go kit will have all the seals, personally I would just take it all apart, replace all the seals put it back together and see what happens. If you still have a leak you will have a good idea of what part needs to be replaced ... And you will have all fresh seals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have studied this pump for hours and hours to try to fix it. I should get the go kit to replace the shaft seal and o-rings today. I also replaced the drain plug on the front because I know it was leaking after watching it leak out of there while the pump was off. I am still getting water underneath the pump and now I have no doubt that it is leaking as it is also leaking while it is running. Hopefully after replacing the seal and o-rings my problem will be fixed! Wish me luck! Thanks for the help!

Thank you. I did not lubricate the seal, but I did use it on the pump lid gasket.

So, I have replaced the drain plug, the pump lid gasket, and the shaft seal. I am still having the same issue :cry::scratch:

I am about to give up and kiss this swimming season goodbye! Any other suggestions? Maybe I should just replace the pump housing?

Thank you!

I think you had three separate problems so have any of the issues been fixed?

Pump leaked water near the seal.

Pump leak air into the pump basket when running.

Pump lid leaked water out of the pump basket when pump shut off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, the pump still will not fill up with water. It gets about 1/2 full and just stays there. When I cut it off, I still get a mini flood from the bottom. I was never sure about whether or not the seal was leaking, so I replaced it per suggestions on here that it could be the culprit for the leaking during the pump running. I still have the leak, but I now have a brand new seal! The pump lid has been fixed.

As I have been watching the pump like a hawk trying to figure it out, I have decided that the leak (while pump is on) is coming from around the front drain plug. This leak is a small drip. Then, the mini flood when I cut it off also comes from this area from what I can tell. I have inspected the inside of the housing a few times and I just don't see a crack. I am now wondering if there is a crack somewhere around there that I just can't see. The only other thing I know to do is to replace the housing. I am at a total loss! Thank you all for helping me think through this problem. Yall have been a HUGE help!

That is a likely location for a crack but I am not sure you can fix it but it might be worth a try if you can actually locate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.