Pump problems- still new to this

Hayward SPX1515Z2ES Two Speed Motor with Switch Replacement for Select Hayward Pumps and Filters, 1-1/2-HP $232

Hayward SP2302VSP Max-Flo VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump Energy Star Certified $648

Pentair 340038 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump, 1 Horsepower, 115/230 Volt, 1 Phase $299

Why am I getting two speed? Or why is that best I mean.

4dd1e3a4c948030bd14a0e9a0e44822e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This wiring looks horrendous and no where near up to code.

Odd that only the 1 power wire enters the Goldline box, I guess that is just supplying power to the SWG? So the source of power to the pump must be coming up from the ground in the white pipe to the little junction box and then through the black wire to the rusty box and then to the pump.

That is true, I skipped right over the out of code wiring! Yes, that is how I read it.

You really should pay an electrician to install your new pump and clean up that wiring. The orange wire and yellow wire are definitely out of code. Where does the orange wire go? The black wire going to the rusty box is also probably out of code.

Get us pics of the breakers and we can help you determine whether to order a 120v or 240v pump. Then please call an electrician.

Grey electrical taped wire runs from pump to rusty box, that's the timer. Black cord from timer goes into the outlet. In there is two grounds, and the black bundle is a red, blue, and black wire. Orange cord runs from second switch on the right- that turns on a spot light on the side of the house. Yellow cord runs to SWG which then has a white cord going to SWG piece near filter

Okay, we will definitely have an electrician come out, I guess we need the pump first. The pool store had given me a quote on one pump I found online, marked up And no price match. They said $95 installation but they don't do electrical.. So I guess skip that and just use an electrician first

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.