Pump pressure problem

techman65

Dec 12, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hi all,

I am having trouble with my pump pressure currently. For background:

I recently replaced my pump motor which I posted about in a different thread. Water is circulating fine now, but my pressure is not changing even though my pool is dark green. I have backwashed multiple times to no avail.

My skimmer and pump baskets are clean. My pressure gauge is relatively new -- replaced in the past year or so. It is one of the glycerin filled ones from TFTESTKITS. Since the pump motor was replaced the gauge is constantly at the setting in the attached photo.

Any suggestions on things to try and resolve the issue? Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20230425_222536333.jpg
    PXL_20230425_222536333.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 9
Hi all,

I am having trouble with my pump pressure currently. For background:

I recently replaced my pump motor which I posted about in a different thread. Water is circulating fine now, but my pressure is not changing even though my pool is dark green. I have backwashed multiple times to no avail.

My skimmer and pump baskets are clean. My pressure gauge is relatively new -- replaced in the past year or so. It is one of the glycerin filled ones from TFTESTKITS. Since the pump motor was replaced the gauge is constantly at the setting in the attached photo.

Any suggestions on things to try and resolve the issue? Thanks.
That looks like the pressure is way over 30. Does the gauge go to zero when pump is off.

It goes to this pressure after you backwash? Either your filter is very dirty and may need a deep clean, or the gauge is broken (potentially due to very high pressure).

That looks like the pressure is way over 30. Does the gauge go to zero when pump is off.

It goes to this pressure after you backwash? Either your filter is very dirty and may need a deep clean, or the gauge is broken (potentially due to very high pressure).

Hi PoolStored,

Thanks for your reply. The gauge does not go to zero when the pump is off. It shows around 28 psi. Do you think the gauge needs to be replaced again? Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20230425_230934721.jpg
    PXL_20230425_230934721.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for your reply. The gauge does not go to zero when the pump is off. It shows around 28 psi. Do you think the gauge needs to be replaced again? Thanks.
Yes, it may have been damaged with very high pressure due to rapid rise in pressure as you were circulating green stuff through the filter. :(

Reactions: techman65
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.