Pump Pressure Issues

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
I cant seem to figure out why I can not get much power anymore to my jets, pool cleaner etc etc
Seems like the power just is down. Any help here?
I have checked:
The filter is not clogged and the cap is on tight
It doesnt appear I have anything stuck in my pool cleaner hose
I do have an issue that the strainer basket doesnt look to get completly full, so getting air in the system somehow (although I have had this before and I still get good power to the pool jets)
thank you all
GTP

The filter is not clogged and the cap is on tight
"Clogged" is subjective. Flow obstruction is a sliding scale and you indicated you have less flow, not none. It's still possible you have an issue with the filter even if it 'looks' okay. When was the last time you cleaned it? Replaced it? The CS200 filter is smaller than I would suggest for an 18,000 gal pool and would lose efficiency and flow quickly.
I do have an issue that the strainer basket doesnt look to get completly full, so getting air in the system somehow (although I have had this before and I still get good power to the pool jets)
This could be as you stated. How many diverters do you have on your suction side? I couldn't find any photos of equipment in your media. Can you send us one?

Have you purged the air using the relief valve on your filter enclosure? Does it reduce the air in your system and stay improved?

And just for the sake of having asked; what is your pump speed and can you confirm that hasn't changed?

GTP,

The main cause for low flow is almost always a dirty filter. Water chemistry can cause algae, even when you can't see it yet and it can quickly clog the filter.

There is almost never a mechanical issue causing low flow. Maybe the VS pump running slower than you thought, but that is about it.

Clean your filter and see what happens to your flow.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.