Pump pressure drops to zero.

BarMark

May 14, 2021
Henderson NV
I had just cleaned my filters and SWG, turned on the system, and after about 1 minute the pressure dropped from 20psi to ZERO. Normal pressure on start is 19-20psi and drops to 11-12psi. This happened when I operated the pool side. The spa side worked as advertised. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have flow out of your pool returns?

What does the water look like in the pump basket with the pressure at 0?

What is shown on the pump display?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Pool return flow drops to zero, no flow.
Pump basket water level at 0 pressure is normal, clear and high in the backet.

Pump display pic is attached.

Attachments

• pump1.jpg
    pump1.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 4
  • pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 4
  • pump3.jpg
    pump3.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 4
  • pump4.jpg
    pump4.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 4
Your signature does not list if you have an EasyTouch or IntelliCenter. Please update it.

Put your system In SERVICE mode and run your pump from its control panel and see what PSI you get and what the pump display shows.

I had just cleaned my filters and SWG, turned on the system, and after about 1 minute the pressure dropped from 20psi to ZERO. Normal pressure on start is 19-20psi and drops to 11-12psi. This happened when I operated the pool side. The spa side worked as advertised. Any help would be appreciated.
What is the water level in the pool? Half way up the skimmer opening? Is there a weir in the skimmer? Is it stuck "up?"

Your signature does not list if you have an EasyTouch or IntelliCenter. Please update it.

Put your system In SERVICE mode and run your pump from its control panel and see what PSI you get and what the pump display shows.
Pentair Easy Touch control panel.

I ran the pump at 4 speeds:
1500 rpm 6 psi 19 gpm
2350 rpm 10 psi 54 gpm
3110 rpm 20 psi 76 gpm
3450 rpm 26 psi 86 gpm

Pentair Easy Touch control panel.

I ran the pump at 4 speeds:
1500 rpm 6 psi 19 gpm
2350 rpm 10 psi 54 gpm
3110 rpm 20 psi 76 gpm
3450 rpm 26 psi 86 gpm

So the pump is pushing water and you have PSI when in SERVICE mode.

Check your VS speed setting for POOL mode in the EasyTouch.