Pump motor rusting - replace?

Mar 14, 2016
Houston texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone. Hope everyone enjoying their summer! Question for you experts. My hawward super pump, motor “cover” is showing some considerable
Rust. Worried it will breach and burn it out etc. Can I replace the motor cover? Any idea where I can get it, or better to replace motor? Or better to wait until it’s breached and blows up, etc, then replace?

Thanks y’all! Picture attached. IMG_1064.jpeg

I doubt you can just change the cover.

Federal energy regulations are restricting availability of single speed pumps to get people to switch to VS pumps.

Hello everyone. Hope everyone enjoying their summer! Question for you experts. My hawward super pump, motor “cover” is showing some considerable
Rust. Worried it will breach and burn it out etc. Can I replace the motor cover? Any idea where I can get it, or better to replace motor? Or better to wait until it’s breached and blows up, etc, then replace?

Thanks y’all! Picture attached.

Thanks. Are these motors expected to be low on inventory or something? Assuming then I need to replace the motor and can’t just change the cover?
Do you have automation?

Rust. Worried it will breach and burn it out etc. Can I replace the motor cover? Any iy

Thanks y’all! Picture attached. View attachment 522087

dea where I can get it, or better to replace motor? Or better to wait until it’s breached and blows up, etc, then replace?

Thanks y’all! Picture attached. View attachment 522087
You can use a good quality spray paint on motor cover to extend its life

Do you have automation?
Yes we do. I was trying to see the effect of changing pump/motor on the automation today and couldn’t find much info. Looking at either staying with the same (and just replacing the motor) or going with two speed pump and motor. Also seeing if could replace the motor for a two speed motor and keeping the same pump. Can’t find much on what would work on line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.