Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC3 (RC-42)
Moved from HERE

Sorry to hijack this thread.

My pool is sort of doing the same thing.

The pump loses suction (water line drops, no idea if it’s air being pulled in or it’s vacuum) when I shut off skimmer *completely*.

The pump is totally fine as long as the skimmer is open even for a bit.

I saw one of the posts here said to open the three-way valve? How do I do that? I am a 2-week old new pool owner lol. Not the most handy person either. If there is a video on how this could be done, it would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack this thread.

My pool is sort of doing the same thing.

The pump loses suction (water line drops, no idea if it’s air being pulled in or it’s vacuum) when I shut off skimmer *completely*.

The pump is totally fine as long as the skimmer is open even for a bit.

I saw one of the posts here said to open the three-way valve? How do I do that? I am a 2-week old new pool owner lol. Not the most handy person either. If there is a video on how this could be done, it would be great!
Henry,
I love you but you need to start your own thread. Hi jacking just confuses everyone.

Post a few pictures of your equipment pad so we can see all of it, and its parts...
This is what my equipment looks like.

Also, when using skimmer only, psi is about 15. When using drain only, psi is 9. Anything in between, even if I favor one more than the other, psi is at 17.

The pool guy suggested to get a diver to do main drain pressure test. I don’t know how much that’s gonna cost, but I bet it’s expensive. Plus, he said if it turned out there is an air leak on the main drain line, you just plug it. If that’s the case, I don’t really see the point of doing a test.

For reference, I haven’t done a bucket test yet. But from naked eye, I am not losing noticeable amount of water, which is to be expected, because for the moment I am running pump continuously and one wouldn’t leak water on the suction side if pump is running.

Attachments

• 0C874F4A-CCCD-4CAE-BF0B-AD73235ACDD7.jpeg
    0C874F4A-CCCD-4CAE-BF0B-AD73235ACDD7.jpeg
    728 KB · Views: 1
  • 33C49860-A417-4EC8-91D0-300E4BC5E394.jpeg
    33C49860-A417-4EC8-91D0-300E4BC5E394.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DB3A27AC-35CC-4AE6-8EE7-F88F545040A5.jpeg
    DB3A27AC-35CC-4AE6-8EE7-F88F545040A5.jpeg
    793.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4B44FF21-EF72-4EAB-AD81-76B13C39FBA3.jpeg
    4B44FF21-EF72-4EAB-AD81-76B13C39FBA3.jpeg
    819 KB · Views: 1
Here is the first step I would take...

1. Remove all three of these unions and take the valve out.
  2. Rebuild the valve. See video and link to written instructions. Use silicone lubricant (NOT SEALANT) like Magic Lube II when you rebuild. Only use a screwdriver. Do not use power tools on screws.
  3. Carefully remove the o-rings from the unions, clean and inspect. Bend around a bit and look for cracks. If cracked, replace. In either case, lubricate with same silicone lubricant.
  4. Reassemble.
Rebuilding this will eliminate the valve and unions as a potential issue. Easier first step.

1686525818605.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.