Pump losing pressure after 2 days

ksellers88

Jun 7, 2023
Michigan
Hello, this is our second year owning our pool. I have a Hydrotools 1 HP 2 speed pump with DE Filter. This year after we opened the pool, I noticed the pressure decreasing on the inlet side of the pool after a few days. I put a brand new filter in this year. So I decided to take it out and clean it with a filter cleaner. When I put everything back together and prime the filter and pump, everything flows nicely for a few days until it slows down again. I know its not circulating right because I have a Frog System and the torpedo pack has been in for over a month and its not fully gone yet. I am reading different threads about dirty filters or an air leak somewhere. Since I have cleaned the filter once, and its back to doing that again, I am wondering if I should hard plumb the pool instead of using the flex hoses and hose clamps I have been using. I can turn the pump on high and it seems to run fine at that speed. Any suggestions?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The first place for us to start would be a full set of water test results. You would be amazed how fast a filter gets clogged up with organic material and you never even know it. Do you test your own water either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The first place for us to start would be a full set of water test results. You would be amazed how fast a filter gets clogged up with organic material and you never even know it. Do you test your own water either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006?
I only have a test kit that tests the PH and Chlorine levels. I was using strips, but found they were a bit unreliable.

If the filter pressure goes up each day, then you do not have a pump issue, you simple have an algae issue. Even if you can't see it yet.

Pumps either work or they don't.

Please take a good read through our Pool School and see what we recommend you do when you have algae.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.