Pump leaking - oversized?

Update!

Pool company #2 completed their work yesterday. Was the main seal in the pump.

Has a lengthy conversation yesterday afternoon with the home warranty company about pool company #1. They seemed quite disturbed about the stark contract in estmimates.

Another plus came out of this too. My Polaris is now working too! Not being familiar with how that things works, I'm not sure if it was just the pump, or if the pool guy adjusted something else. One of the Jandy valves seems to be in a different position than it was before. Dont know how to move it... But it works!

Another follow-up, with some questions:

Here is the picture link for reference: https://plus.google.com/photos/10986698 ... 8519270081

Background on the filter: Ive only owned the house for a month now. I didnt know the history of the cartridge filters, so I replaced all 4. They were disgusting. Good call. Pressure with the old ones was ~22-24psi. Post-filter replacement, and pre-pump repair, they were running ~16-18psi. Now that the pump has been fixed, my running pressue is steady ~12-14psi.

One of the other pressure meters on the system (see photo in attachment titled filters.jpg) is now running in the green zone. Good, I would assume? Before the pump fix, it was sitting around 4-6psi. I have no idea what this filter and pressure indicator are for? Help?

Another thing I noticed is that the Jandy valve seen in photo (Pump4.jpg) just above the pressure indicator, is now turned about a quarter-turn.
Again, no idea what this valve is for. Or how to adjust it. Or what to do from here?

And my Polaris now working too. Havent seen that thing run around the pool like this ever. Is it related to the new pump seal? Is it related to that Jandy valve that is now turned slightly from its position in the picture? Crystal clear, sparkling clean, and not a speck of dirt in it this morning. Wow.

Valve by the pressure gauge adjust how much flow is sent to your Polaris. You adjust that valve so that the needle is in the green which makes the Polaris work correctly.

It looks like the valve is actuated, so the question is did the stops get adjusted so that the automation works, or did the guy just put the actuator in manual mode and adjust the flow to be correct.

jblizzle said:
Valve by the pressure gauge adjust how much flow is sent to your Polaris. You adjust that valve so that the needle is in the green which makes the Polaris work correctly.

It looks like the valve is actuated, so the question is did the stops get adjusted so that the automation works, or did the guy just put the actuator in manual mode and adjust the flow to be correct.

Thank you!! You are correct. That valve adjusts the flow to the polaris. So that filter is just to filter the line that feeds the polaris, right?

The valve is hooked up to some sort of Blue Haven Pools Platinum Pure Plus gadget (picture is in the photo link). Dont think that it works. But there is a little toggle switch on the side of the valve that changes it from current position back to the position that it is in the photo.

Thanks yall for all your help figuring things out with my pool. I am enjoying this learning experience.

Jclayton said:
Another follow-up, with some questions:

Here is the picture link for reference: https://plus.google.com/photos/10986698 ... 8519270081

Background on the filter: Ive only owned the house for a month now. I didnt know the history of the cartridge filters, so I replaced all 4. They were disgusting. Good call. Pressure with the old ones was ~22-24psi. Post-filter replacement, and pre-pump repair, they were running ~16-18psi. Now that the pump has been fixed, my running pressue is steady ~12-14psi.

One of the other pressure meters on the system (see photo in attachment titled filters.jpg) is now running in the green zone. Good, I would assume? Before the pump fix, it was sitting around 4-6psi. I have no idea what this filter and pressure indicator are for? Help?

For your filter cleaning pressure and many other questions, if you scroll down to the bottom left of this page there is a Google search engine box that is site specific for TroubleFreePool.com. Try typing in" How to clean a cartridge filter" or "when to clean a cartridge filter" or "What is CYA"
The archive of info is amazing, I spent multiple hours reading though other peoples problems and the recommended fixes before remodeling our pool. This site has saved me from making many costly mistakes and hours of frustration.
The best part, are the people here, years of experience that they are willing to share. In 3 months I went from not a clue to a clean safe pool that I can maintain myself without great expense.
:party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.