Pump leaking from top

I dont use actual primer, just cleaner and it works. I was told long ago that the purpler primer is just cleaner with purple dye in it for passing inspections. Ever since I've use cleaner cleaner and cement and not had any problems. Just some food for thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just turned everything on and it looks good! The only thing is I now have a very small drip from the bottom line coming out of the filter. I assume from moving things around maybe its a little loose, are those unions I can just tighten up?

Open the union and make sure there isn't any debris. If there is an o-ring make sure it is in good shape, lube it with silicone plumber's grease and tighten it back up.

The plot thickens!!!

I was able to get the union off and cleaned up the o-ring and lubed it, put it back together.....but I think I may have cracked the nut. It doesnt tighten up anymore, I looked on-line and its saying these bulkhead unions are obsolete. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.