Downingtown Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I’m going to attempt to attach a link to video of my pool pump. Just opened the pool today and I noticed some water pooling under the pump. It seems water is escaping from the black collar above the pump. It’s more noticeable when the pump is priming and running at a higher speed. I’m going to call our pool installer as the equipment should be under warranty but I’m curious if anyone knows what’s happening.

The ring with the vertical lines on it is a union. Unscrew the union and lubricate the o-ring with a SILICONE lubricant like Magic Lube II. Don't use a Teflon/PTFE lubricant. Re-thread and tighten the union and it should be good to go.

I lubricate, or replace and lubricate all o-rings every year on pool startup...

I’m assuming do that with the pump off? Is water going to come rushing out of there? I do have the silicone magic lube but have never used it. Anything else to be aware of before i give it a try?

I’m assuming do that with the pump off?
YES!
Is water going to come rushing out of there?
Is your pump above or below the pool. Yes, you will get some water either way.
I do have the silicone magic lube but have never used it. Anything else to be aware of before i give it a try?
Magic Lube II (2). Not just "Magic Lube."

Not really, it is pretty simple...clean with a lint free rag (tshirt) and re-lube.