Pump Leak!

illtiger1

Bronze Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
My pool was up and running and I decided to replace the shaft seal and impeller since I just got a new motor in that was way long overdue. I have a Superpump and a multi valve. I put the multi-valve on close and took the motor assembly from the pump. I then replaced all the parts as well as the housing gasket with Hayward parts. I put in the new housing gasket and put everything back together. I set the multi-valve to filter and put on the power. When I did, water started to leak from the pump assembly area and even out of the motor air openings in the back. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Could it be from putting the valve to close and then filter creating pressure? Maybe the housing gasket was off? I'm pretty sure I replaced the shaft seal correctly from watching some youtube videos. Thank you.

Make sure the seal was not installed with one or both of the pieces backwards, and that they are firmly seated in the housing on both sides. The seal should be snug in the housing and on the shaft. If it is not snug it may be the wrong size seal. Also check for any hairline cracks in the seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.