Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I've referred to this forum a few times over the last 9 years for help with my pool issues and this is the first time I was not able to find a prior thread with the same issue. I noticed this weekend that my Tristar VS 950 has a leak at the base of the outflow connection, but below the threads (please see attachments). I've had the pump a little over 4 years - just long enough to be out of warranty. Is this leak repairable?
IMG_1917.jpgIMG_1914_arrow.jpg

To make matters worse, I felt a drip on my arm as I was taking the close-up picture of the pump and saw that my filter wall has a crack. I'll put that issue in a separate thread...

I've referred to this forum a few times over the last 9 years for help with my pool issues and this is the first time I was not able to find a prior thread with the same issue. I noticed this weekend that my Tristar VS 950 has a leak at the base of the outflow connection, but below the threads (please see attachments). I've had the pump a little over 4 years - just long enough to be out of warranty. Is this leak repairable?
View attachment 531241View attachment 531243

To make matters worse, I felt a drip on my arm as I was taking the close-up picture of the pump and saw that my filter wall has a crack. I'll put that issue in a separate thread...
Looks like a pin hole on the pump housing? That’s a weird failure. Maybe loosen the fitting and see if the gasket/o-ring is still good.

Reactions: Matt1881
Looks like a pin hole on the pump housing? That’s a weird failure. Maybe loosen the fitting and see if the gasket/o-ring is still good.
That's what it looks like to me. I loosened the fitting to inspect the gasket and threads and they don't appear to have any issues.

How difficult is it to replace the front half of the pump, referred to as the "pump strainer housing" in the manual?

That's what it looks like to me. I loosened the fitting to inspect the gasket and threads and they don't appear to have any issues.

How difficult is it to replace the front half of the pump, referred to as the "pump strainer housing" in the manual?
With unions it is very easy. Loosen the unions, remove the six bolts, slide the housing out. Reverse for the install, 20 minutes if you're careful. Be sure to get a new O ring for the lid and body. Part SPX3200T for the body and SPX3200S for the lid.

Reactions: Matt1881
With unions it is very easy. Loosen the unions, remove the six bolts, slide the housing out. Reverse for the install, 20 minutes if you're careful. Be sure to get a new O ring for the lid and body. Part SPX3200T for the body and SPX3200S for the lid.
Thank you! I think I will go this route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.