Baton Rouge, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
For a few weeks now, I have had my pool programmed to my satisfaction with our spa and waterfall features. However, I noticed this week something that wasn’t initially happening. My spa is scheduled to turn on every Thursday for 30 minutes. The automated valves did their jobs, however, the pump didn’t increase its rpm output to desired level of 3500. Normally I run the pool rpm around 1800. If I manually change from pool to spa with my mobiletouch, the pump usually increases speed. Anyone can help me figure out why for the programmed interval it may have not increased rpm’s?

What model automation system are we discussing?

What does your IntelliFlo XF pump show on its display?

Pentair i5 intellicenter. When I look at the status with my remote, it gets up to around 2700 rpm but stops. If I manually hit the button back to pool and then back to spa, it usually corrects itself and increases to 3500 rpm

What device are you using to control your IntelliCenter?

Max RPM is 3450. First thing I would do is reduce the RPM to 3000 from your 3500. See if it works correctly with a speed less then maximum.

This attached device. I have the spa set at 3500 rpm but pool is at 35 gpm. I thought I had changed to rpm and not flow. Do you think this could be the cause?

Attachments

• IMG_0513.png
    IMG_0513.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 1
That controller is for an IntelliTouch system. You said you have an IntelliCenter system.

Show me pictures of what you have.

@ogdento may be better to help you with the IntelliTouch problems.

Mixing RPM and GPM controls has not worked with some systems.

I suggest you try controlling the pump with RPM for both pool and spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Isu,

The system allows you to store a speed you wish the pump to run, based on which circuit, or circuits are on.

If you want the pump to run at 3450 when in the Spa mode, then you have to assign 3450 to the Spa Circuit.

This is not the kind thing that works sometimes and not other times.. So you need to check and see if your Spa Circuit shows a speed of 3450.

If it works, when you manually turn on the spa, it should work when the schedule turns on the spa.

Here is a list of my speeds using ScreenLogic, just to give you an idea of how it works..

Using your remote, go to Menu, Setting, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, Speeds.. You will see 1/8 meaning speed one of 8. Scroll through and see what speed is assigned to each circuit.

My guess is that you were screwing with it and did something you did not intend to do... :mrgreen: :poke:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I followed the status when changing from pool to spa mode. It gave me a status of “max psi”. I haven’t had this issue until recently. I don’t know if this is helpful in helping me determine my issue

I followed the status when changing from pool to spa mode. It gave me a status of “max psi”. I haven’t had this issue until recently. I don’t know if this is helpful in helping me determine my issue

When did you last clean your filter?

Lower your spa RPM to 3000 and see what behavior you get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.