Pump Identification

Looks like StaRite DuraGlas or Maxeglas.

There should be a metal tag right behind the clamp with the model number that starts with something like PEA4.

You can see the metal tag in this video where it says "Do Not Run Dry".

Note that the person in the video makes several mistakes like removing the bolts holding the motor to the seal plate before removing the impeller and resting the motor on the impeller, but it gives you an idea about what to expect for a motor replacement.

Last edited:
I cant find any markings on the pump at all, only on the motor, which has obviously been replaced.

The 3 valves are on return side. Why should they get replaced? they go to scuppers.

Attachments

• 0626201429a.jpg
    0626201429a.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 0626201429.jpg
    0626201429.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 0619201008a.jpg
    0619201008a.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 3
Is there a metal tag at the top of the seal plate right behind the clamp?

The tag is shown in the video. The tag says Do Not Run Dry.

In my opinion, it's not worth it to just replace the motor.

I would go with a new pump.

Check for rebates available from the manufacturer and your utility.

You have a 2.6 THP motor. This is the VS motor replacement that you would need but at that cost, you can find new VS pumps: A.O. Smith V-Green 2.7 HP Square Flange 48Y Variable Speed Motor - ECM27SQU - INYOPools.com

Thanks for everyone's replys, I'm trying not to replumb the pump....basically if I cut anything I have to replace all valves, pump everything because there is no room to glue on anything... Probably 1500$ or more undertaking with pump, valves, etc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would replace the pump.

Motor changes on really old pumps rarely go well.

I would not buy an $800 + motor and take the risk that the pump is not fixable.

From what I can see, the plumbing looks simple. I don't see any valves that would need to be replaced.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.