Pump for ground water extraction

Most of those "wellpoint" pumps have a 6 or 8" hard pvc going from the surface down below the pool bottom. The submersible pump is then lowered into the bottom of the pipe. It does not sound like you have that.......can you describe your piping a little better?

Most of those "wellpoint" pumps have a 6 or 8" hard pvc going from the surface down below the pool bottom. The submersible pump is then lowered into the bottom of the pipe. It does not sound like you have that.......can you describe your piping a little better?

Sorry, I'm not sure how to better describe it than I did. It is a 1.5" flexible PVC pipe that sticks up out of the ground. There is no hard pipe or anything else other than the 1.5" flexible PVC

Tell us the rest of the story.

Is this new construction?

Did you just buy the house?

How are you now discovering the pipe and asking what should be done with it?

I have the same exact type of pipe going to the crushed concrete layer under the pool. The builder used it to extract ground water between sealing the pool shell for plastering, and then filling with water. Once filled with water, mine is no longer needed (unless the pool needs to be replastered I guess, so it can be resealed and refilled safely without ground water entering the hydrostatic relief valves and staining the plaster). I capped the pipe, marked where it is on a little map I have of my property, and buried it.

My initial thoughts would be ask the builder if yours is the same and you can just ignore it, or, if it serves some useful purpose, ask what is the purpose and what pump do they suggest for it. If you have a vinyl liner and high ground water table, maybe that was why they put it there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.