pump, filter, etc sizing

Like I think was mentioned before ... get a SWG sized for 60k and you will be fine.

IMO, the larger the pool, the more attractive a SWG becomes because otherwise you will have to be buying a LOT of bleach ... it would be very reasonable to assume that you would need to add 1 gallon of 10% bleach daily ... $3 per gallon * 30 days = $90 / month for just the required chlorine, not counting the gas to go buy it and the energy to move it all around and the piles of bottles in the recycling bin ...

Like I think was mentioned before ... get a SWG sized for 60k and you will be fine.

IMO, the larger the pool, the more attractive a SWG becomes because otherwise you will have to be buying a LOT of bleach ... it would be very reasonable to assume that you would need to add 1 gallon of 10% bleach daily ... $3 per gallon * 30 days = $90 / month for just the required chlorine, not counting the gas to go buy it and the energy to move it all around and the piles of bottles in the recycling bin ...

Pentair dealer was telling me that I should go with a 3 HP intelliflo vs pump over the 1.5 HP superflo vs. He said that I would basically have to run my pump 24/7 as high speed and that would cause high heat on the pump and would wear it out over time. Thoughts?

-Mickey

So you are telling me that a person that is trying to make money is suggesting a larger more expensive pump?!?!? Shocking ;)

They do not know what they are talking about. What do you think a single speed pump does? It runs at full speed all the time.

And you will not need to run that pump 24/7 ... you likely only need a few hours of run time for circulations, maybe longer for the SWG to keep up. See: Determine Pump Run Time

There are many members who have used the CircuPool SWGs ... do not confuse them with CompuPool though ;)

I meant to ask you back when you posted this. Does Compupool have a bad reputation or noted problems that make it inferior to the Circupool?

EDIT: nevermind. didnt read enough. answered my own question.... sorry :)

-Mickey

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.