Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello!

I'm helping a neighbor who recently fired her pool dude. I've introduced her to this website and forum and she has since bought her own test kit and other supplies and is ready to become self sufficient! Her former pool dude stopped using pucks and only used a PoolRx in the skimmer. Her CYA is off the charts and her chlorine is 4-6ppm. That's another story. So, she asked me to take a look at her system. I've had my pool for less than 1 year, so I'm no expert.

This is a 10,000 gallon pebble tech pool about 17 years old. She has a SWG, but there is zero salt in the pool, so it's not doing anything. She has a cleaning robot. Pentair VS 3HP. Aqua Logic Automation.
The pump and robot seem to run fine. There's a service light on the AquaLogic lit up, but I'm assuming that's because it's reading zero salt. The Pentair pump display is BLANK. My system has a communication line from the pump to the panel. This does not have that. When I set a new schedule using the Aqua Logic, the pump doesn't turn on. When I click on the Pool Light, it doesn't turn on. I hear the relay click, but no action.

Is it possible this pump isn't even connected to the panel? It does show a connection error with that lit up lightening bolt.

I was going to attempt to change the schedule on the pump itself, but since the screen is blank, I'm at a loss. I changed the time and schedule on the Aqua Logic to have it start, but nothing. It does clean, so I'm assuming there's a schedule in the pump, I just don't know what it is. I can press on the quick clean and the Start/Stop button and it will start up.

I flipped the breakers for the panel and pump. Nothing. I looked for any burn marks on the board. Nothing.

I've attached a few pictures of her system. Any advice?
F1728F1A-F99F-4932-9053-805E435042BB.jpeg

EFA505E5-C349-4E2F-8871-74648D033C0B.jpeg

Attachments

• 6E4DC7C3-E465-45D0-9503-3C9E928E3EB6.jpeg
    6E4DC7C3-E465-45D0-9503-3C9E928E3EB6.jpeg
    616.4 KB · Views: 10
  • C581FDAF-A998-46AC-B2CB-4F2DCCA42841.jpeg
    C581FDAF-A998-46AC-B2CB-4F2DCCA42841.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3E38D0AA-CF1C-468F-BEB5-0FE417AF2E73.jpeg
    3E38D0AA-CF1C-468F-BEB5-0FE417AF2E73.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 8
  • C99C4474-C7A5-4AF9-BA50-C2BFD3E3288B.jpeg
    C99C4474-C7A5-4AF9-BA50-C2BFD3E3288B.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 3C9E4AB3-D0E8-45D5-81B2-9D37AE722AB8.jpeg
    3C9E4AB3-D0E8-45D5-81B2-9D37AE722AB8.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2D9F3DF9-9EB1-43F4-BD9A-BDB02E1A0D4D.jpeg
    2D9F3DF9-9EB1-43F4-BD9A-BDB02E1A0D4D.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 6
  • A34734B5-64BF-4336-94A6-3F2F69964A56.jpeg
    A34734B5-64BF-4336-94A6-3F2F69964A56.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 8
Hello!

I'm helping a neighbor who recently fired her pool dude. I've introduced her to this website and forum and she has since bought her own test kit and other supplies and is ready to become self sufficient! Her former pool dude stopped using pucks and only used a PoolRx in the skimmer. Her CYA is off the charts and her chlorine is 4-6ppm. That's another story. So, she asked me to take a look at her system. I've had my pool for less than 1 year, so I'm no expert.

This is a 10,000 gallon pebble tech pool about 17 years old. She has a SWG, but there is zero salt in the pool, so it's not doing anything. She has a cleaning robot. Pentair VS 3HP. Aqua Logic Automation.
The pump and robot seem to run fine. There's a service light on the AquaLogic lit up, but I'm assuming that's because it's reading zero salt. The Pentair pump display is BLANK. My system has a communication line from the pump to the panel. This does not have that. When I set a new schedule using the Aqua Logic, the pump doesn't turn on. When I click on the Pool Light, it doesn't turn on. I hear the relay click, but no action.

Is it possible this pump isn't even connected to the panel? It does show a connection error with that lit up lightening bolt.

I was going to attempt to change the schedule on the pump itself, but since the screen is blank, I'm at a loss. I changed the time and schedule on the Aqua Logic to have it start, but nothing. It does clean, so I'm assuming there's a schedule in the pump, I just don't know what it is. I can press on the quick clean and the Start/Stop button and it will start up.

I flipped the breakers for the panel and pump. Nothing. I looked for any burn marks on the board. Nothing.

I've attached a few pictures of her system. Any advice?
View attachment 507275

View attachment 507273
Hayward AquaLogic will not control a Pentair Intelliflow without an IntelliComm2 interface, which that system does not have. Turn the top-left breaker (which should be a 20 Siemans GFCB, but isn't) off for about 5 minutes and then back on. The display may return.

Check the GFCI on the right side of the panel. Is it tripped? That should be for the pool light. Reset it and see if the light comes on.

Hayward AquaLogic will not control a Pentair Intelliflow without an IntelliComm2 interface, which that system does not have. Turn the top-left breaker (which should be a 20 Siemans GFCB, but isn't) off for about 5 minutes and then back on. The display may return.

Check the GFCI on the right side of the panel. Is it tripped? That should be for the pool light. Reset it and see if the light comes on.
Flipping the filter pump breaker didn’t help. The GFCI on the outlet was not tripped.

Guess she’s looking at a new pump and at minimum a communication cable or new automation panel?

May as well suggest draining the pool to reduce CYA, add salt and replace the SWG since it’s the original?

Flipping the filter pump breaker didn’t help. The GFCI on the outlet was not tripped.

Guess she’s looking at a new pump and at minimum a communication cable or new automation panel?

May as well suggest draining the pool to reduce CYA, add salt and replace the SWG since it’s the original?
Condition of the pump motor indicates a long-time seal leak. Would need a Hayward VSP to directly communicate with the AquaLogic. Pentair can work WITH an Intellicomm2, but that adds at least $200.00 to the cost. The Hayward pump should come with a cable to hook to the automation.

Condition of the pump motor indicates a long-time seal leak. Would need a Hayward VSP to directly communicate with the AquaLogic. Pentair can work WITH an Intellicomm2, but that adds at least $200.00 to the cost. The Hayward pump should come with a cable to hook to the automation.
Copy that. Thank you for your time and advice! Have a great day!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.