Prologic Electrical panel hot to touch?

parkee99

Mar 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Have been working on my pool a lot after having a new Tristar 950 installed this week. My electrical control box is very hot to touch, particularly in the upper corner where the transformer is. I have not noticed it before.

I tested the transformer outputs which should read 2-2.9 ohms. My violet and gray read 3.1. I just picked up a spare used prologic so I swapped out the transformer bit it is still running hot.

Could someone with an Aqualogic or prologic do me a big favor and measure the temperature(Infrared temp gun works best) on the backside upper corner when running the pump and tell me their temp. I am getting 165 degrees. Thanks.

It just seems too hot. Can't hold my hand on the back of the panel where the transformer is for more than a second(165 degrees this am). Another call out to measure the temp of the box behind the transformer when the pump is running would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.