Programming an intellicenter circuit for spa vacuum?

Titobarrangoon

Nov 18, 2023
Cohasset, CA
Relatively new system and still learning. I have a hand held vacuum that I attach to the skimmer to clean out the bottom of my spa. I created a feature circuit with a relatively low rpm for when I'm using the vacuum. However I have to manually set the intake and return valves to spa when I do it. I'd love to be able to say for when I want to vacuum, automatically set the intake, return and pump speed without having to manually mess with things.

In my education thus far, I think the intake and return actuators are directly tied to those two bodies. I also think that the actuator positions are set on the actuators themselves. I see no way to control the intake and return, and only seem to be used for the built in filter pool/spa features.

Is there any way to do this?

The skimmer your handheld vacuum is in your pool water?

I think you want to be in SPILLWAY mode when vacuuming the spa. Suction from the pool and return to the spa.

Have you created a SPILLWAY feature circuit with Circuit Function being SPILLWAY?

There's a skimmer in the spa. Basically I want it to be in spa filter mode, but lower rpms than when filtering. What I did that sort of works is create a circuit group that turns on the low rpm pump plus "spa" mode which switches the inlet and return over to the spa.

But to hit on something specific: you cannot create a feature circuit that can control the default inlet and return actuators, correct? Those can only be controlled as part of the built-in pool and spa filter features?

Correct, the suction and return actuators can not be controlled independently. They are moved together with POOL mode, SPA mode, or SPILLWAY mode.

And in SERVICE mode you can control them to fill the spa or drain the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.