Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Pool build is done and we’re starting to enjoy it.

The builder left a fairly decent gap above the skimmer and surrounding vertical tile pieces on both my skimmers.

I’m thinking of stuffing some foam back rod in the larger middle gap and sealing with a waterproof caulk instead of dropping the water 6” like the PB requested, for them to fill it in with cement.

Can anyone request a specific product that will work well for this application?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• E8F4B204-8E27-4FAB-8F20-6D23030D2AAB.jpeg
    E8F4B204-8E27-4FAB-8F20-6D23030D2AAB.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 25
Our PB used the same grout as where the waterline tile meets the coping and it has held up well. I wouldn't want it submerged while it's curing, but it should handle splashing and some absorbtion just fine. I would try and keep the skimmer at the lower level for the first 30 days, but I don't see why you would need to lower the water level beyond that for installation or curing. Anything that falls off as they trowel it into place should easily be picked up by your robot. In fact, for best adhesion and weight support, I'd have them pull the coping stone above the skimmer lay down a good layer of mortar first and then finish grout it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.