Silver Supporter
Jul 5, 2023
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have a few concerns about my fiberglass pool install. I have a wall that seems to be bowing. I didnt notice this till after they installer cracked my pool trying to fix the gap between my pool and auto cover track. what makes it worse is they didnt fix the gap between the two before concrete was poured.

So now i have a cracked shell concrete that oozed between the track and the pool which is fully cured and the adjacent wall seems to be bowed inward.

I told installer that i wasnt ok with a patched pool that I havent even been able to use yet. he told me it will be ok and if i wanted monetary compensation we will go through litigation. Nothing was ever said about money and it has me really mad that he would make a comment like that when I have paid him 90% of the bill already and have a bad install.

I will try to attach pictures in order that will help make sense

I dont know how to move forward with this.

Attachments

• IMG-1100.jpg
    IMG-1100.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-1048.jpg
    IMG-1048.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-1024.jpg
    IMG-1024.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 30
Oh man Im really sorry to see that. I had my fiber glass pool installed last year, Ive got blisters, stains, and am out of level by an inch. It really shows with the cover.
I am in communication with the manufacture. so far they have at least responded, but I dont have much hope.
Does your state have a division of consumer affairs to file a complaint with?.

Oh man Im really sorry to see that. I had my fiber glass pool installed last year, Ive got blisters, stains, and am out of level by an inch. It really shows with the cover.
I am in communication with the manufacture. so far they have at least responded, but I dont have much hope.
Does your state have a division of consumer affairs to file a complaint with?.
Im sure it does but I dont want to make them mad if they are really trying to fix the issues. I just dont want it to turn into a legal battle but im afraid were heading that way. Im pretty sure two of the issues cant even be fixed.

Im hoping that someone can offer me a course of action. I dont want to push too hard and not get anything resolved

They said the manufacturer is going to repair the crack but it may be october before they get here. I live in indiana. my pool will be all closed up and pretty sure too cold for fiberglass work. either way october is unacceptable for the prices we pay for these things

• Sad
Reactions: Newdude
I also forgot to mention that I have around 7 rust spots on the bottom of my pool as well that I cant remove.

this is truly turning into a nightmare for something that I only got because my wife wanted one.

How do you get rust spots in the bottom of a fiberglass pool?

Have you tried putting a paste of Vitamin C in a sock and rubbing it on the spots?

Reactions: fredonia033088
Every year we see some horror stories hit the forum, and unfortunately yours certainly joins that group. :( Hard to imagine ANY contractor looking in the mirror after performing such work. I suspect there are city/county/state advocates to contact. The following is something I received from an old friend of mine who is in the industry and works in CA.

"There are several ways to go. The Contractor's Board would be the first place to start. They will get a third party involved to inspect contract and work performed. They are on the consumers side. Do not pay a penny more if they feel the contractor hasn't performed adequately. No Money no Power."

How do you get rust spots in the bottom of a fiberglass pool?

Have you tried putting a paste of Vitamin C in a sock and rubbing it on the spots?
I assume that screws or something fell in the pool last october when they set the pool and filled it halfway and then it pretty much sat that way until about 5 weeks ago and that when all the other problems started.

Every year we see some horror stories hit the forum, and unfortunately yours certainly joins that group. :( Hard to imagine ANY contractor looking in the mirror after performing such work. I suspect there are city/county/state advocates to contact. The following is something I received from an old friend of mine who is in the industry and works in CA.

"There are several ways to go. The Contractor's Board would be the first place to start. They will get a third party involved to inspect contract and work performed. They are on the consumers side. Do not pay a penny more if they feel the contractor hasn't performed adequately. No Money no Power."
sorry to say my balance due is only $5500 and not enough to fix the problems. but I will hold it as leverage.

Just a word of caution here but if you’re not already doing so, you need to start documenting everything from this point forward. Write down as much as you can remember and dates as best you can.

Communicate with the builder in writing. Email or snail mail. Follow up any verbal communication with that as well.

You may not want to get a lawyer involved but you’re likely going to have to. And yes, a call to the contractors board should happen today. Hopefully, they have teeth in your state.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I assume that screws or something fell in the pool last october when they set the pool and filled it halfway and then it pretty much sat that way until about 5 weeks ago and that when all the other problems started.
Have you tried pulling out from the bottom of the pool whatever is rusting?

Just a word of caution here but if you’re not already doing so, you need to start documenting everything from this point forward. Write down as much as you can remember and dates as best you can.

Communicate with the builder in writing. Email or snail mail. Follow up any verbal communication with that as well.

You may not want to get a lawyer involved but you’re likely going to have to. And yes, a call to the contractors board should happen today. Hopefully, they have teeth in your state.
I have tons of pictures with dates. Emails texts and builder trend. I will look into the contractors board

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.