Problems with Ducks

Sprinkler is not a bad idea... I may do that if this goes on much longer.
For now I put our solar cover on - it helps, though the ducks will still land on it, just not as much. I don't particularly like using it, as it's a hassle and I feel it seems to encourage algae growth.

Sprinkler is not a bad idea... I may do that if this goes on much longer.
For now I put our solar cover on - it helps, though the ducks will still land on it, just not as much. I don't particularly like using it, as it's a hassle and I feel it seems to encourage algae growth.

As a note, any cover that you think is encouraging algae growth is really a chemistry issue which can easily be addressed. Feel free to dive into that one on a separate thread if you wish.

We had the same problem several years ago. First in the winter cover and then in the pool when the cover was removed. I went after them spraying them with the garden hose, making sure it was a direct hit. They flew off, came back the next day and I hit them again with the spray of water. Squawked, flew off and never came back. :mad:

I'm not always around when the mating pair visits and we no longer have our dog. Two days ago I had to chase them 4 times within an hour. They seem to like the daffodils (behind the blue liquid chlorine container), possibly as a nesting area. So I rigged up these two poles, the float, and put the blue chlorine container in their preferred spot. Haven't seen them in two days. I make sure to reposition the chlorine container each day. This was cheaper than a $200+ dollar surface alarm! I'm hoping it continues to dissuade them...lol

We have a pair of ducks who come early in the morning to swim for an hour or so. Not every day, but they have been coming for a few years now. They're beautiful and quite fun to watch. If I find a poop afterwards, I clean it out...the FC does the rest. They don't bother me at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.