pristine blue

Jimdandy54

Apr 18, 2020
Washington georgia
I have had my above ground pool for three years and the company that installed it recommended pristine blue water treatment.we live a hour away from the pool store and since I no longer am able to drive there to have water tested I would like to start doing my own testing.what do I need to do to change from the pristine blue.

Start by reading these links and Pool School...

Welcome!

Anything with blue in the name likely contains copper and that is a big No-No here. Copper is what turns hair green and stains pool liners.

Get started by reading the articles in Pool School.

Our method is simple and inexpensive, relying mostly on products you can buy at any grocery or hardware store (bleach, muriatic acid, and stabilizer).

But you *will* need one of the recommended test kits, either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. This is absolutely essential to our method, so go ahead and get one ordered. You can read the pool school while you're waiting for it to arrive.

And use the Pool Math page or app to calculate how much bleach to add to your pool daily to raise your free chlorine (FC) level by 5 ppm. That'll keep algae under control until you can run a full set of test and report them back here. Then we'll take it from there.

Don't get intimidated by the articles. It's really simple once you get the hang of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.