Pressure question

MYLIF34GOD

Aug 5, 2023
lubbock texas
So I bought a home with a pool and realized real quick there were some problems with leaks, I dove in and did the dye test around the pool light and fixed it pretty easily. Then i realized the only jet in the pool didnt have a cover and quickly found another leak around it, so i patched her up with flex seal and a puddy knife and now its not leaking. I did the dye test around the drain and found nothing. I did the dye test in the skimmer and found nothing as well. I replaced the pressure gauge and put new glass sand in the filter and put better couplings on the piping going to the filter. I have a 10,000 gal inground pool. I have read that an average pool evaporation rate is normally 1/4 inch a day. I feel as if my rate is more like 1/2 inch a day. Granted I live in west texas with 100 plus degree weather every day. The big question I have is the other day i was messing with the valves and i turned the skimmer valve on and my drain valve off and the pressure dropped from 15 to 5psi, what does this mean?
my normal pressure with everything on is 15psi.

Last edited:
So I bought a home with a pool and realized real quick there were some problems with leaks, I dove in and did the dye test around the pool light and fixed it pretty easily. Then i realized the only jet in the pool didnt have a cover and quickly found another leak around it, so i patched her up with flex seal and a puddy knife and now its not leaking. I did the dye test around the drain and found nothing. I did the dye test in the skimmer and found nothing as well. I replaced the pressure gauge and put new glass sand in the filter and put better couplings on the piping going to the filter. I have a 10,000 gal inground pool. I have read that an average pool evaporation rate is normally 1/4 inch a day. I feel as if my rate is more like 1/2 inch a day. Granted I live in west texas with 100 plus degree weather every day. The big question I have is the other day i was messing with the valves and i turned the skimmer valve off and my pressure dropped from 15 to 5psi, does that mean there is a leak in the drain pipe somewhere? my normal pressure with everything on is 15psi. I tried it with the drain off and the skimmer only on and the pressure remained at 15psi. any help would be appreciated.
Do a bucket test to see if there really is a leak or if it’s just feelings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.