Preparing for the SLAM

One puck wouldn't raise CYA that much. I suspect testing error either before or recently. How many times did you pour the sample back and forth between the mixing bottle and the view tube? You're making amazing progress with the FC set for the lower CYA, so I suspect the first test was probably right.

I did it twice with the first tube and when that was high I poured it out and got a second sample from the pool and started over. Could raising my ph and TA have altered the CYA from the first test? Sad part it I flooded my pool yesterday topping it off again. So even that would make me think it should have went down.

So let me recap my test, I fill the tube to the bottom line with pool water then fill to the top line with the CYA testing solution. Mix it wait 30 sec, mix again. Then poor the mixed solution into the sight glass in indirect sunlight at waist lvl till the dot is no longer visible

I did it twice with the first tube and when that was high I poured it out and got a second sample from the pool and started over. Could raising my ph and TA have altered the CYA from the first test? Sad part it I flooded my pool yesterday topping it off again. So even that would make me think it should have went down.

So let me recap my test, I fill the tube to the bottom line with pool water then fill to the top line with the CYA testing solution. Mix it wait 30 sec, mix again. Then poor the mixed solution into the sight glass in indirect sunlight at waist lvl till the dot is no longer visible
That's it! Even after several years' worth of practice, I still reread the same sample multiple times just to be sure.

I just keep retesting, I'll pour the solution back in the bottle mix it again and I consistently get a cya of 50-60. If I get close enough that I can really see the dot I can go to 50 if I hold it lower I'm usually right around 60 if not just a little bit between 50-60.

I just keep retesting, I'll pour the solution back in the bottle mix it again and I consistently get a cya of 50-60. If I get close enough that I can really see the dot I can go to 50 if I hold it lower I'm usually right around 60 if not just a little bit between 50-60.

I suggest you just go with 55 CYA for now and adjust SLAM accordingly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well no one recommended it but I did a partial water change and got my cya from 55-60 to 40-45. I just didn't want to have to keep a bunch of bleach in the pool. It's a little easier to swallow the bill when I'm not going through chlorine as fast.

So now my FC is at 17 for my oclt test tonight. My CC is showing 0, PH dropped a bit to 7.0 maybe 7.2. TA is 80 now.

I took my ladder apart and cleaned it with bleach and water before putting it back in the pool. Scrubbed the pool and found a little bit of algae hanging on for dear life. I just wish I could see the bottom so I would know if the bottom is free of algae.

Well no one recommended it but I did a partial water change and got my cya from 55-60 to 40-45. I just didn't want to have to keep a bunch of bleach in the pool. It's a little easier to swallow the bill when I'm not going through chlorine as fast.

So now my FC is at 17 for my oclt test tonight. My CC is showing 0, PH dropped a bit to 7.0 maybe 7.2. TA is 80 now.

I took my ladder apart and cleaned it with bleach and water before putting it back in the pool. Scrubbed the pool and found a little bit of algae hanging on for dear life. I just wish I could see the bottom so I would know if the bottom is free of algae.
Don't waste your time on the overnight test until the water is clear. You need to pass all three tests at the same time to call it finished. I wouldn't get up that early to recheck it unless I was fairly confident that it was going to be the finishline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.