Potential Home With Indoor Pool

imaxbb

Jan 23, 2024
Wisconsin
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been looking for a home with an indoor pool (we're in Wisconsin). We looked at a home today with a pool but it's in really bad condition.

I'm a total newb so bare with me. Looks the the pool is rusting on the edge and pulling away from the concrete. The building is okay but the roof was leaking. Is this is salvageable? Or should I run the other way? Is it cheaper to rip this out and replace it or build a brand new indoor pool? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.png
    2.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.png
    3.png
    486 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.png
    4.png
    508.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.png
    5.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to TFP.

It is not clear to me the type of construction of that pool. I don’t see a liner.

The pool is old, the equipment is old, the building is old. You are basically buying a hole in the ground and you may need to rebuild everything. I would not put any premium on the pool in the price of the house. If you can get the house for a good price and have money to rebuild the pool it could workout for you.

I'd want a HVAC inspection and pool / pool room structure inspection. I'm not saying that this one will, but either could cost $100k. Imagine if both did ? Most people would sell the house instead. 🤔

Good luck and keep us posted.