Possibly Air Pocket Issues? Intex CS15110 Sand/Salt System

Re: Possibly Air Pocket Issues? Intex CS15110 Sand/Salt Sys

If there's a single pocket or bubble of air in the top of the basket, that may be normal for your system. However, if it keeps getting larger or air is getting sucked into the inlet of the pump it indicates a problem.

It sounds like the filter is clogging and by stopping the pump and putting the valve in recirc it allows the debris to settle and the flow will go back up for a little while.

It doesn't make sense on my system, but the pressure being higher on recirc than on filter may be normal for your system.

It is very typical to have to backwash the filter many times during opening or cleanup.

It sounds like you may have the air leak fixed and now can just backwash whenever the pressure goes up and/or the flow out the return goes down.

Re: Possibly Air Pocket Issues? Intex CS15110 Sand/Salt Sys

Dave, your answers have confirmed some of my own conclusions, thank you.

As to that bubble - it wasn't there last year (sorry for being repetitive), so it makes me wonder if there is still an air suction problem.

As you said, I will continue the cleaning process and see where it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.