Possible kind of algae growth?

Yikes! Sounds like you are covered. It is also going to be easier slam because you don't have to continually add product to the pool, you have automation.

You will want to adjust your feed rate to maintain FC of 12 (assuming CYA 30). You will want to watch it carefully, and do your FC testing every 2 hours or so. SLAM level is safe for pool and people. You don't want to raise FC significantly above SLAM level. If you are not careful, the Pulsar can spike your FC with an available 189lbs per day! At max rate, you can raise FC by 11 in 2 hours. It can get out of control quickly. If you can't be there to test, return it to your normal rate. Do not walk away from this pool with elevated feed rate.

Your FC consumption will be variable, and you will be constantly adjusting the feed rate up or down to keep FC close to 12. It will likely consume more early and less later.

You will also want to turn Pulsar off overnight. You would be doing OCLTs at night to measure progress. Make sure that your OCLT tests are AFTER sunset, and BEFORE sunrise. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Reactions: soundthisgarden
How many days should I ask for the pool to be closed while I SLAM do you guys think?
There is no way to tell. You have reduced flow rate, that is going to hinder things, but not much. You have a LARGE pool. You have visible algae, but clear water, that is going to help. You have automated dosing...that is really going to help you to maintain FC, without the ups and downs of additions every couple hours. You gonna have to brush that pool at LEAST once a day. That is a large area. You need to scrub everything. Skimmers, weir doors, check the foam for algae, scrub behind lights, uncap main drains if you have them and scrub inside, take out ladders and scrub inside the tubes. That's a lot of scrubbing in a 115K pool. If you are lucky, 3 days. Could take a week or two...and you can't leave your dosing system alone. You have to be there when you raise the feed rate. You can't walk away. The more time you keep FC at 12, the less time it is going to take. If you have classes or other work that takes you away from the pool, it will take longer.

Yikes! Sounds like you are covered. It is also going to be easier slam because you don't have to continually add product to the pool, you have automation.

You will want to adjust your feed rate to maintain FC of 12 (assuming CYA 30). You will want to watch it carefully, and do your FC testing every 2 hours or so. SLAM level is safe for pool and people. You don't want to raise FC significantly above SLAM level. If you are not careful, the Pulsar can spike your FC with an available 189lbs per day! At max rate, you can raise FC by 11 in 2 hours. It can get out of control quickly. If you can't be there to test, return it to your normal rate. Do not walk away from this pool with elevated feed rate.

Your FC consumption will be variable, and you will be constantly adjusting the feed rate up or down to keep FC close to 12. It will likely consume more early and less later.

You will also want to turn Pulsar off overnight. You would be doing OCLTs at night to measure progress. Make sure that your OCLT tests are AFTER sunset, and BEFORE sunrise. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
Yes I’m keeping track of the amount of brickets I put in to keep the pool at a manageable 5ppm FC. I have measured the amount I need to approximately reach 12 ppm FC. Thank you much for the advice!

Reactions: PoolStored