Poop or something worse

Howdy.

Having a real hard time figuring out what the heck is in my pool... Could anyone help me identify what this is? Noticed some yesterday and assumed it was poop, but now it seems like there is more and I am a bit worried. See links below.

Test results

FC 3.5
PH 7.6
TA 90
CH 180
CYA 25
CC 0
Temp 85

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nuSm85td8iSycBFR9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gj7curqYPuVTDU8y9

All I can say is it falls apart like poop, but like I mentioned before it seems to have come back after a vacuum. (I did not backwash, but did tonight after another vacuum)

Going use liquid chlorine to bring up to shock level based on 25 CYA and hold there overnight and let the pump run 24/7. Going to bump up CYA a little too.

Thanks

Brandon

I think it may be a type of algae. Catch some in a bottle half full of water and add a couple of drops of bleach and swirl it around. See if it turns colors or falls apart. It looks like it would smear green if rubbed on paper.

Just wanted to follow up and say that this ended up being Japanese Beetle poop. I have a tree above the pool that those guys liked to hang out and chew leaves all day. I sprayed the tree with some Bifen IT to help kill them off and discourage new ones from coming. No issues since.

Thanks

Brandon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sadly, that includes the honeybees. Bees are mysteriously dying off in droves and this is a real threat to our food chain.

Maddie :flower:

Although, I do not spray the one tree that flowers (Southern Magnolia) where the bees are. Luckily, I have not found any dead bees in the front or back yard. Do It Yourself Pest Control Products asked kindly not to spray flowering trees or bushes, where bees hang out. Today, I saw a few of them on the flowers and asked the children kindly not to disturb the bee population as they will not bother with us.

I am very well aware of the diminishing bee population and experts have no idea why. :( If this was the case, I would not use the product at all. Only sprayed in the back yard because of constantly being bitten, even during the day. With the product, the problem basically went away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.