Poolside shade solutions

I recommend buying umbrella covers. We purchased covers for all of our outdoor furniture as well as umbrellas (sun is powerful here in AZ) and I can say they make huge difference in terms of longevity. For $30-$50 per cover, it's well worth the investment.

camueller - I got the same umbrella as geebot, only 13' square, off of craigslist. it was a year old model bought from great escapes for about a third the price.

I do like the look of a shade sail and I got two quotes. Not many companies in my area that are full-service sell and install. I was a bit shocked at the price and the sail only lasts about 10 to 15 years. For the size sail I would want the polls are very stout, 5 inches in diameter. They need to go in the ground 4 feet. Thus you cannot mount them anywhere in the pool deck where there may be plumbing. I had a company that does patio structures come out and had some really great ideas. We have excepted a quote from the patio company and I will post pictures of the process and completed structure. The structure will marry with our existing patio and be attached to the house so it does not have to have a footing and can be simply bolted to the pool deck. Estimate for shade sails structure was $15-$17,000. Patio structure with lighting ceiling fan and a receptacle $11,500. We also plan to run speaker wire in the patio beams and install outdoor speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.