PoolRx. DISASTER!

Cherylanne0526

May 28, 2017
Waxhaw, NC
I’m flipping out! I just put a pool Rx in my pool for the first time about 10 days ago and now I have this horrible staining at the bottom of my liner pool AND a guest just told me her hair turned green yesterday after our Fourth of July party and she had to go and have it corrected.
I’m horrified! How can I get the stains out of the bottom of the pool now? And how can I get the water right so it’s not ruining all of my blonde guests?!
What was I thinking with this PoolRx thing?!!!

Do I need to drain the pool, clean the stain somehow and start over?!
I appreciate your help.

C. Jones

Better yet, are you able to provide more info such as:
- How do you chlorinate each day?
- How do you test your water?
- Can you provide us a full set of water test results?
- What tire if filter do you have?

The staining and hair color changes is indicative of copper.

What else have you added with copper ? If the one bottle of pool RX puddled up on the bottom that could cause the stain, but it wouldn't cause green hair by itself as the first dose.

Unless you were teetering on the edge of too high from other products such as algecides, 'Xtra Blu' products, or high copper fill water.

There is a section at the bottom of this link to discuss lifting the stains, at which point you'd drain if the source isn't your fill water.

Better yet, are you able to provide more info such as:
- How do you chlorinate each day?
- How do you test your water?
- Can you provide us a full set of water test results?
- What tire if filter do you have?

The staining and hair color changes is indicative of copper.
Sorry …jumped the gun without adding any details.
Jandy salt cell & automation (iAqua link) which was installed last year and I still can’t figure how to customize it to ‘talk to each other’.
Different problem for a different day.
I take the water regularly to a local family owned pool store for testing. I don’t trust my own testing. I balanced it before I added the PoolRx ‘egg’ to the pump basket. All it needed that day was 10 lbs of calcium.
Hayward sand filter -sand changed last year
24000 gallon salt system.
Liner -in ground.

IMG_2845.jpegIMG_9554.jpeg

Can you show the stains?

Contact PoolRX and ask them how much copper the product added.

All you can do is dilute to reduce the copper level to below problem levels.

There are different treatments for metal stains including ascorbic acid, citric acid, oxalic acid and sulfamic acid.

For copper, sulfamic acid works best, but it locks up your chlorine for months.

Get a stain ID kit.

1688408959404-png.510063

I take the water regularly to a local family owned pool store for testing. I don’t trust my own testing.
TFP teaches the opposite......stay OUT of the pool store and trust your own testing. That's a big leap of faith but there are thousands upon thousands of us doing just that every day and helping others who are willing to learn

Reactions: proavia and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.