PoolingAround's get it right the first time thread!

I came across a post from chem_geek recently that said that the active chlorine level is lower in pools with CYA as the water gets colder. To me that means with a higher CYA and cold water you would have to bump up the FC higher than the SWG CYA/FC chart. Im not sure I'd go any higher with your CYA since the warmer weather is fading. I'll find the post later when I get off my mobile. I was searching for that topic because my pool where chlorine and CYA levels for SWG were in the proper range but I started to see some algae. Now I'm considering leaning towards the non SWG chlorine/CYA chart especially when summer weather is ending, now.

Getting the hang of how to use the SWG and maintain chlorine levels. It looks like I'm losing 1 FC level in a 24 hour period (dropped from 5.5 to 4.5). Here is my pump and saltwater generator specs/run times.

IC20 Intellichlor - 60% 3000 ppm

Pump run time

10am -11 am - 1800rpm
11am - 1pm - 3000rpm (pressure cleaner)
1pm - 8pm - 1800 rpm

10 hours total pump run time. Do I need to extend the pump time to produce more chlorine to keep up? Do I need to up the % of chlorine? Yes I know my pool builder undersized my SWG but they won't change it out so I guess I have to deal with it.

Thanks and I await your response.

giphy.gif

Trouble in paradise. My pentair intelliph controller has "checking cell" stuck on the screen and no matter what button I press it stays stuck. The only thing I can think of is to reset it but instructions say to cut power to everything, not just pull the plug. Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.