richmond VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes. I'm basically a math idiot; how do I accurately calculate the water volume of my pool so I can add the appropriate (not approximate) amount of chemicals? The pool is 26x16; 5.5' deep end; 3' shallow end. There is an 8'x8' baja shelf in one corner of the shallow end as well as 3 steps. There's also a "swim out" in the deep end, about 4' high and 2' wide. I know these all take up a fair amount of the water volume, but how in the world do I calculate this? Thanks :)

I say it is around 12,500 gallons.

Close to the 11,000 gallons you have in your profile.

Probably in the 11,000 to 12,000 gallon vicinity.

Reactions: crosby1612
I think Allen has you covered, but the link below has a pool volume calculator.

You can always find a link at the bottom of the tfp pages.

how do I accurately calculate the water volume of my pool so I can add the appropriate (not approximate) amount of chemicals?

First, make an approximate guess (or have @ajw22 make one for you).

Then, if you notice that all of your added chemicals consistently seem to be doing less than they should, raise your pool-volume estimate by 500 gallons. Or if the chemicals seem to be doing more than they should, lower your estimate by 500 gallons. Stop adjusting your estimate when you no longer notice a difference between the expected effect and the actual effect.

Last edited: