Wichita
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’m struggling to find a calculator that works for my pool. I have a sport pool with the shallow ends on either side of the deep end plus stadium stairs and I’ll I can find is “avg depth” type calculators.

I think my 15,000g size is high and I want to confirm so I can more accurately add chemicals.

Thoughts?

Is your pool a rectangle?
If so then break down the pool into multiple smaller rectangles.
So rather than 25x15 x avg depth, take 2 ft x 15 x 4ft for a 2ft wide section of 4ft depth. Continue with a section for each change in depth. For stairs it will be their W x L x depth of that stair.
Then add all the volumes to obtain a total volume

Reactions: Everett_88
+1. The stairs probably average to half the total volume of their footprint if there were no stairs and it was shallow end. Break the rest into chuncks also.

If its not a rectangle, use the Irregular shape calculator and add as many points as you need to make the arcs by pressing the up button.

Jack,

It is just not all that important... :mrgreen:

In this case, close is close enough..

What specifically are you worried about? What chemicals are you adding that don't seem to work the way you expect?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jack,

Overshooting FC is not really a bad thing.. I personally like running a little 'hot'..

Some people try to keep their FC between the Minimum and their target.. I think it is better to keep your FC at your target or higher..

I see the Minimum as a cliff that I don't ever want to fall off.. :mrgreen:

That said, you can use your FC test to estimate your pool size.. If your FC is higher than you expect when you dose for a 15K pool, try 14K, then 13K etc.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
How much do you overshoot by? Just use that as a correction factor to what you already calculated. So if you think you are adding 1 ppm but in reality, you are adding 1.2 ppm, reduce the volume you were using by 20%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For the sloped area, you can use the area of the triangle times the width of the pool.

Area = 1/2 (L X D).

Volume = Area X pool width.

The volume above the sloped section is L X wall height x pool width.

1709659819140.png

Reactions: Everett_88