Pool Vacuum XtremepowerUS or Intex Auto Pool Cleaner

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
Good day all, I'm interested in getting some thoughts on either cleaner for 16x32 oval APG. I have skimmers / returns at opposite ends, total of 2 each. I have a Pentair VS pool pump.

I'm to the point where I'd like an inexpensive robot. I like the no name XtremepowerUS although it's suction side so would probably have to ramp the pump up for a bit. The Intex is pressure side and nothing would make it to the filter, but my filter is so big I wouldn't care.

Looking to get some thoughts? I believe the intex would need some special pieces to connect to my returns?

I'm open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!!

Take a look or search the Pool Cleaners sub forum. Also check with @kimkats as she has a robot for her above ground pool she really likes.

i have the Intex robot, and i really do like it alot. everything it picks up is in the filter on the robot. the way i did mine was i cut in another port into my pool wall. then i went to Home Depot and rigged up this little piece of PVC that i connect my robot to. i have a ball valve installed so i can just turn it on when i want to run the pool. one end screws into the port while the other end connects to the robot.
IMG_20180611_190454.jpg

The Intex Pool cleaner is connected to the Return, not the suction port.
I like mine, as it seems to do just fine even with my pump on low speed.
For the price of it, I have been impressed. We named him Zippy.

First off, I want to apologize for not getting back to this thread. I am not receiving any notifications that anyone responded. I appreciate everyone's responses.

i have the Intex robot, and i really do like it alot. everything it picks up is in the filter on the robot. the way i did mine was i cut in another port into my pool wall. then i went to Home Depot and rigged up this little piece of PVC that i connect my robot to. i have a ball valve installed so i can just turn it on when i want to run the pool. one end screws into the port while the other end connects to the robot.
View attachment 104453

Can you provide what sizes you used? I have 2 ports in my pool, so doing that would be pretty easy.

@kimkats, I appreciate the link. I looked it up and that robot is a little rich for my agp. I think between the foam for underneath and the new liner we've already spent quite a bit on it this year, and that's even with doing all the work ourselves. An idea for the future though...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.