Pool vacuum "hanging out on one side" of my AGP.

discgolfdc

Jul 22, 2018
Fairfield, Ohio
I have a 24' round AGP and I'm using a Kontiki 'chug-along" type (I don't know what else you'd call it) vacuum. For some reason, it tends to hang out on one side of my pool when operating.

20230823_175905.jpg

Never mind Sprinkles the Unicorn...she's a ham.

The red line basically is the dividing line past which the vacuum tends not to spend much time. In fact, you can see the vacuum on the left side of the photo if you kinda zero in.

Any feedback as to why that might be the pattern? Tips on spreading the love more evenly?

Thanks, TFP!

Hard to tell from the picture...how far out of level is the pool from left to right? Looks like water is higher on left side than right. May be the issue...

I have that same kinda vac -it came with the pool- i hate it. It lives in the shed now. It is the backup for my backup cleaner (an intex pool cleaner). I currently use a dolphin.
Theres a ring/deflector it may need adjusting. The hose may not be long enough. (I have a 33’ pool & had to get them to give me several extra hoses)
There’s several other things that can cause this behavior.
Here’s the manual- check out page 14

• Love
Reactions: PoolStored
I have a 24' round AGP and I'm using a Kontiki 'chug-along" type (I don't know what else you'd call it) vacuum. For some reason, it tends to hang out on one side of my pool when operating.

View attachment 524594

Never mind Sprinkles the Unicorn...she's a ham.

The red line basically is the dividing line past which the vacuum tends not to spend much time. In fact, you can see the vacuum on the left side of the photo if you kinda zero in.

Any feedback as to why that might be the pattern? Tips on spreading the love more evenly?

Thanks, TFP!
Change the direction your pool return forces the water. The cleaner will follow the hose and will stay on the side the current forces it. Have the water flow more down into the pool. Happens in all pools with suction cleaners that are like yours.
Nice installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.