Pool too "Sparkly"!!!!

I have heard Baquacil is pretty awful stuff!! :/
I have a friend who thinks bleach is EVIL! Finally got her converted once I explained everything to her, and that Baquacil was the only approved non-Cl option, and showed her the CYA to HOCl FAC percentage chart.
Glad you made it to the clearer side of life. :D

I am constantly on the lookout for better bleach deals, as this isn't exactly chlorine central here in our neck of the woods.
I have finally found the 2 best deals, both of which you have over there.

For small quantities, Bi-Mart is AWESOME! I finally called corporate over there to find out the percentage of their Bi-Mart branded bleach, as its percentage is unmarked. Their MSDS states it is 6-7%.

So I got a bottle and tested it with the 10,000:1 dilution test posted here, and sure enough, it's 6%.
I have also verified this with my additions.

96oz - 6% @ $1.29/ea = $0.224/Cl Oz.

In comparison, you're paying about 32c/Cl Oz. YIKES!!

For larger quantities, there's an even better deal at Cash-n-Carry for 3x 182oz jugs of 6% bleach. I checked with the distributor, they said Cash-n-Carry buys from them defy 2 weeks, and the date codes read thusly: E10714 = Plant code E, day of the year 107, year 2014.
That's an actual date code I pulled off the case.

Here are the details. Note that buying an unbroken case nets you a cheaper price than singles.

Classic Bleach
182oz - 6% @ $2.19/ea = $0.201/CL Oz.
Case of 3 @ $6.24 ($2.08/ea) = $0.190/Cl Oz.

128oz - 6% @ $1.56/ea = $0.203/Cl Oz.
Case of 6 @ $9.06 ($1.51/ea) = $0.197/Cl Oz.

Ignore their "Simply Value Bleach", the company that distributes it got back to me and said it's 1% to 6%!!!!
Yeah, that's reassuring!!! NOT!!!!!! Lol

$0.19c /Cl Oz is QUITE INCREDIBLE!!!! :D:D
AS good as it gets, unless you're in the southern states. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like I will be visiting Cash and Carry today to check it out. I still have about 8 bottles left from Costco, but might see if they have Borax soap. I like the idea of bigger jugs and lower price lol. My little pool doesn't use much, but looks like you just about cut my bleach costs in half!!!!

Glenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.