Pool Tile Selection for Pool Renovation

rjmac

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
El Paso, TX
Hi all - we’re renovating our pool and adding a jacuzzi. We gravitate to light natural colors because the calcium buildup in our area is a constant battle, so I’d like to minimize the dreaded white waterline. We’ll also have a pretty large waterfall feature from the new jacuzzi down to the pool, so more potential for white water lines. The first tile we had selected was a stone-look textured tile, but it’s no longer available. Our pool builder recommended getting a smooth glassy tile (which wasn’t on our radar at all) because it’s easier to maintain. Looking for your thoughts on smooth vs. textured tile. I’ve attached photos of pool in its original state, current demolition, and pool builder’s rendering.

Thanks in advance!
Jill

Attachments

• 060AE03A-07D6-4EE1-A55D-2201E613C859.jpeg
    060AE03A-07D6-4EE1-A55D-2201E613C859.jpeg
    910.6 KB · Views: 41
I would agree a smooth tile will be easier to clean the scale from. Better is to use softened water for make up and reduce the scale issue dramatically.

Reactions: rjmac
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.