Pool Store Test

I fixed my signature, I hope to show Eagle Point is in Oregon, by Medford Or. Pool was filled last nov. ch has been fine until the temp has gotten so cold. Usually It was in the 300 to 350 range. I am not sure if the temp matters on testing results but that is when the ch started rising. when pool completed and filled last nov first test at pool store read 83 THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP ME

Hi Paulette :wave:

The best way to ask a question is not to post a question to someone else's thread (unless it is specific to the original posters question) but to start a new thread with your question clearly laid out and with only enough details to help make the question clear. Your location information shows up in your profile at the left of the post so there's no need to put it in your signature as well. The only things that should be in your signature are all of your pool details.

Unfortunately not many of us can help you based off of test results from a ColorQ. Those testers tend to get some measurements correct (FC if it's low enough, pH and sometimes TA) but often get the most important measurement wrong - CYA. They are also notoriously all over the map when it comes to measuring CH. If it is not too much of a hassle or too late, I would return it for a refund. If you want us to help you, then your best bet is to either get a TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006 test kit as they are the best. Only one of the tests (pH) is a color comparison test, the rest, with exception of CYA, are titration endpoint tests where one color turns into another (pink-to-clear for FC/CC, green-to-red for TA and purple-to-blue for CH). CYA uses a black dot that you have to make disappear by adding the test solution to a special vial. It's a little tricky but, once you do it enough times, most people can get comfortable with it.

As for you specific concern about CH, well, it's hard to say. There's not anything necessarily wrong with a CH of 350ppm but it depends on all your other water parameters. SO to give you a complete answer, you need one of those test kits. My pool has a CH of nearly 800ppm and my water is fine because I have all the other parameters properly balanced.

When you get your test kit and you're ready to test your water, start a new post and many people will be happy to chime in and help.

Good luck,
Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.